Search This Blog

Monday, February 24, 2014

Taking Stock... February 2014

 

 
Inspired by Meet Me At Mikes (slightly edited version!)

Making :  a little crocheted cat from the book Super Scary Crochet by Nicki Trench
Cooking : Maple Olive Oil Banana Bread as seen on Shutterbean
Reading: 'Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves and The Greatest Treasure Hunt In History' by Robert M. Edsal with Bret Witter
Wanting: to see the film of the above
Looking: out a lot of train windows
Listening: to Welcome To Night Vale podcasts
Enjoying: the new season of Sherlock on DVD
Liking: Instagram
Wondering: what to read next
Loving: the cooler weather
Watching: Star Wars and Indiana Jones with the kids
Hoping: those recently affected by the Victorian bushfires are finding their feet again
Marvelling: at the creativity behind White Night Melbourne
Needing: a few early nights to get me ready for a busy two weeks at work
Smelling: lemon-scented eucalypts
Wearing: uncharacteristically flat shoes
Following: Kaz Cooke's adventures at the State Library of Victoria on Fellow Frockery
Noticing: so much more now that I have to walk so much more
Getting: very good at using a myki card
Bookmarking: the Art Loss Register and Interpol for amazing stories of lost and found treasures
Disliking: the direction I see my country heading in
Snacking: on apricots and almonds
Coveting: nothing
Wishing: for 'a room of one's own'
Helping: the kids back into their busy school term routines
Hearing: good things about the 100 Story Building and their work with maginalised children and young people in Melbourne.

Phew! How about you? Have you been taking stock too?

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy Caz. It's good to look back over the last two months and see how much you've done...Time is flying. I can't believe that one sixth of the year has almost gone already. I should do some stocktaking...maybe in a couple of months. The banana loaf looks delicious. I love recipes that use alternatives to butter, I've been experimenting with solid coconut oil recently. Oh maple syrup too, one of my favourite sweeteners.
    I hope that your wish for 'a room of one's own' is fulfilled.
    Thanks for sharing your list.
    debx
    I'll go and check pip's now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I'll look forward to your 'stocktake'!

      Delete